How to make a marijuana (cannabis) tinctureJune 4, 2016
Make Marijuana Jolly RanchersNovember 14, 2016
Are you experiencing joint pains, have arthritis or other illness that a topical cannabis oil could help with? Topical products are simply oils or lotions applied directly to the skin over the effected area (lotions, oils, balms). My cousin, before his knee replacement, swore by this recipe and applied his oil at night or when the pain became too much.
And, you will not experience psychoactive effects, i.e. ‘get stoned’.
- 3 cups of either; virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 ounce of finely ground marijuana (use a coffee grinder for best results)
You can also increase or decrease the ratio. Example: 1 cup of oil and 8 grams of finely ground marijuana.
- Place the oil in a sauce pan and turn heat to medium. Never let the oil reach the boiling point. Once heated, you can add your marijuana powder.
- Let the oil simmer while constantly stirring. Should bubbles form in the oil, turn down your heat and remove from the burner until cooled.
- Continue this for one hour. Strain and pour your oil through a cheesecloth in to a container that you can close (tupperware). Let the oil cool, it will be extremely hot. Remember to squeeze the cheese clothe in order to remove all the oil.
- You can now pour your cooled oil in to a dispenser bottle and apply topical to your affected areas. Never apply to open wounds.